Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE Academic) is a new, international, computer-based academic English language test. The test accurately measures the listening, reading, speaking, and writing skills of test takers who are non-native speakers of English and need to demonstrate their level of academic English proficiency PTE Coaching in Dehradun.
PTE Academic delivers a real-life measure of test takers’ language ability to universities, higher education institutions, government departments and organizations requiring academic English. PTE Academic is endorsed by the Graduate Management Admission Council® (GMAC)®.
The complete test is delivered in one session of approximately three hours. There is a timer on each screen to show you how much time remains for the current section PTE Coaching in Dehradun. If you are in a room with other test takers, you will each have a different version for security reasons. Do not worry if you see or hear other test takers moving more quickly or slowly than you through the test. Focus on your own screen and how much time you have left PTE Coaching in Dehradun.
Speaking & Writing
The PTE Academic Score Report includes your overall score, communicative skills scores and enabling skills scores PTE Coaching in Dehradun.
• The overall score reflects your overall English language ability. The score is based on performance on all items in the test. The range for the overall score is 10-90 points PTE Coaching in Dehradun.
• Scores for communicative skills (listening, reading, speaking and writing) are based on all test items that assess these skills, either as a single skill or together with other skills. The range for each communicative skill score is 10-90 points.
• Scores for enabling skills (grammar, oral fluency, pronunciation, spelling, vocabulary and written discourse) are based on all test items assessing one or more of these skills. The range for each enabling skill score is 10-90 points.
A score of at least 36 is required for UKBA tier 4 student visas for students wanting to study on a course below degree level.
A score of at least 51 is required for UKBA tier 4 student visas for students wanting to study on a course at or above degree level at an institution that is not a UK Higher Education Institution PTE Coaching in Dehradun.
• If you wish to study at degree level or above at a UK Higher Education Institution, then it is the university that decides on the score you will need. Our experience suggests that most universities require: for undergraduate studies a minimum score between 51 and 61
• for postgraduate studies a minimum score between 57 and 67
• for MBA studies a minimum score between 59 and 69
You can take the test as many times as you want but you must receive your scores before you can book the next test PTE Coaching in Dehradun.
The test scores are made available online which can be accessed through your account.